Finding Service Providers
July 2017 Status Report
After a period of inactivity, we are proud to announce that this service is once again active and improved.
We have made changes that allow us to list many more vendors and cover a wider range of services. We no longer require an application by vendors. This was a major bottleneck that caused our volunteers to spend a lot of time in follow-up. Instead we list anyone that our members recommend. We gather information from public sources, post the listings, and give vendors an opportunity to make changes. The trade?off is that we may not always get all the information that we asked vendors to provide on the application.
We think these changes will make our service much more useful. We hope you agree.
If you want to recommend someone who has done work for you, please send us details
or regular mail. Mailing address:
93 Winchester Street
Brookline, MA 02446
Committee members have :
- Verified that these service providers have the proper license for their profession.
- Made sure that there are no complaints or outstanding cases against them with the:
- Attorney General's Office
- Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Office of Consumer Affairs and Business Regulation (OCABR)
- Determine whether the services offered meet your needs.
- Decide if the price is fair,which generally means securing more than 1 estimate.
- Judge the quality of the work and the professionalism of the people.
- Verify that these service providers have proper insurance particularly workmen’s comp.
- Ask for and check references.
- Establish a time frame – when can the project start and when will it be done?
- Recommend service providers or guarantee their work performance. Someone recommended each of them to us, but we have no way to judge their work.
The best way for us to offer the widest possible choice of service providers is for you to send us your recommendations. To do this, simply click on Contractor Survey and complete the questionnaire.